New CMS codes for 2019 allow for reimbursement to clinicians for the time they invest with patients between clinical visits as well as for initial equipment set-up and patient education.* Additionally, changes in Medicare Advantage plans could provide other reimbursement opportunities in 2020, allowing for the expansion of remote patient monitoring services for members.
Now is a good time to consider adding a remote patient monitoring (RPM) program to your practice.
Three codes are available for RPM reimbursement
|Code||Description||Payment amount (PFS varies by locale)|
|CPT 99453||initial; set-up and patient education on use of equipment||$21.00, one-time fee|
|CPT 99454||Device(s) supply with daily recording(s) or programmed alert(s) transmission, each 30 days||$55.63 – $74.25, monthly|
|CPT 99457||Remote physiologic monitoring treatment management services, 20 minutes or more of clinical staff/physician/other qualified healthcare professional time.||$46.97 – $56.09, monthly|
Benefit your chronically ill patients with remote monitoring:
- Monitor patients with Hypertension, Diabetes, CHF, COPD
- Better manage patients that cannot travel to the office
- Lower costs, increase efficiency, improve quality
- Easily access patient data for informed decisions and timely intervention
Benefits of Working with MobileHelp:
- Engaging tablet and wireless Bluetooth devices
- Ready to use device kits
- No large volume requirements
- Flexible program options available; education, questions and surveys, patient portal, video visit
- Program planning support
- Optional EHR integration
- Per patient Per Month (PPPM) Lease
- Competitive pricing, no capital expenditure
Simplified setup. Simplified logistics. Simplified support.
If you would like to learn more about our products, CMS reimbursement and/or pilot opportunities, please fill out our form and we will contact you.
By submitting this form, you agree to give your electronically signed prior express written consent and authorization to be contacted by or on behalf of MobileHelp on your wireless and/or other phone numbers you provided above, including by SMS/texts, autodialed, pre-recorded and/or artificial voice calls, for the marketing of MobileHelp goods or services even if you are on the federal, any state’s and/or MobileHelp Do-Not-Call registry or list and for all other purposes. You understand that your consent is not required to purchase MobileHelp goods or services.